Back pain is an unpleasant symptom of some diseases that appears as a result of muscle tissue overload and other causes. It develops when the structures of the spine, nerve tissue or skin change. Painful sensations arise when certain internal organs are malfunctioning. Depending on the location of the pain, it can be assumed which part of the body is damaged. If the symptoms have spread to both sides of the dorsal region, there are accompanying symptoms, you should contact a medical institution. Doctors will diagnose, determine the cause of the symptom and eliminate the pain.
Causes of back pain
About 80% of the population complain of back pain, the syndrome develops more often as the disease progresses. The main causes of back pain are spinal cord injuries:
- osteomyelitis, characterized by damage to the bone marrow;
- tumors of a malignant nature, manifested in the form of pain in the lower back;
- intervertebral hernia;
- displacement of vertebral discs;
- spinal fractures;
- osteochondrosis and stenosis of the spinal canals;
- chronic muscle pain;
- cartilage tissue damage.
There are reasons for this symptom that are not related to spinal diseases.
- bleeding in the pelvic region;
- suppression of nerve roots in the chest, which provokes pain during suction;
- large volume of blood cells in the retroperitoneal region;
- ulcerative focus, characterized by pain in the shoulder blades;
- disorders of the renal system;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract that cause unilateral pain;
- diseases of a gynecological nature, the pain is given to the muscles of the lower back;
- neoplasms in the lung area;
- infectious diseases of internal organs;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- formation of stones in the renal system;
- inflammation of the joints;
- dysfunction of organs located in the abdominal region.
Types of back pain
Depending on the nature of the painful sensations, the causes of the pain are determined. There are several types of pain:
- tightening of the nervous process, displacement of the intervertebral disc;
- physical injuries after a fall, require surgical intervention;
- diseases of the internal organs;
- bead deformations.
Shooting acute pain requires medical attention. It will not be possible to make an accurate diagnosis yourself.
Piercing back pain
Painful sensations develop in the lumbar region. Causes of dagger pain:
- spasm of piriform muscle tissue; neoplasms
- third trimester of childbirth;
- inflammatory process with hypothermia.
Attractive back pain
Developed in the lumbar region under the influence of the following factors:
- osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine;
- intense physical activity;
- staying in an uncomfortable position for a long time;
- old back injury.
Back pain after training
Developed in professional athletes, due to muscle tissue overload. If your back hurts after training, you need to give your body a break, muscle relaxation.
To determine the location of the wound and to determine the causes of the pain, the doctor
performs a series of diagnostic tests. The anamnesis is taken by the patient, the duration of the development of painful sensations, their intensity are taken into account. The specialist touches the back. The patient is assigned to donate blood and urine. You will need to have x-rays, computed tomography, MRI. Contrast radiography is used if necessary. After receiving the results, the doctor designs a course of treatment.
Typically, clinics use the following diagnostic methods:
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Control (comprehensive body examination)
- Computerized electroencephalography
- Computer spinal topography
- Dual scan
- Ultrasound (ultrasound)
- CT (computed tomography)
Which doctor to contact
If you are concerned about chronic pain, consult an orthopedist - they are most likely caused by diseases of the musculoskeletal system. If the pain is severe, in the form of lumbago, make an appointment with a neurologist.
Treatment of Back Pain
In case of severe painful sensations, it is allowed to apply a cold compress until the doctors come, to get rid of the pain, it is allowed to take an antispasmodic medicine. The patient needs to provide rest. To cure the disease, he prescribes medicines, physiotherapy procedures, manual therapy methods, massage procedures. If necessary, a medical corset is used, which reduces the load on the muscular tissues of the waist and back.
In severe cases and with specific diseases, for example, with a malignant neoplasm, a surgical method of treatment is used.
In modern medical centers, the following methods are used to treat back pain:
- Manual therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Orthopedic Beds
- Ozone Therapy
- More about the service
- SVF Joint Therapy
- Pediatric orthopedic clinical examination
If left untreated for a condition that causes back pain, a number of complications are possible:
- becomes more difficult for the patient to walk due to acute pain;
- disrupts the functioning of the heart system, lungs, organs of the gastrointestinal tract;
- migraines develop, tinnitus and dizziness appear;
- disrupted the functioning of organs in the pelvic region;
- paralysis of the upper and lower extremities is possible.
Preventing back pain
To avoid back pain, follow these instructions:
- timely cure diseases of the renal system, gastrointestinal tract, back and lungs;
- avoid strenuous physical activity;
- check the standing position;
- sleep in the right position, the bed should be of high quality;
- avoid sudden back movements;
- timely undergo preventive examinations by physicians;
- control body weight;
- stop drinking alcohol and smoking while taking medication;
- eat a balanced diet;
- when you sit or spend time at the computer, do back exercises once an hour;
- take a course of chondroprotectors every 6 months.